Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Best Ever Apple Pie

Well, that is what the Recipe calls it anyway!  :)  I ran around all morning yesterday at MOPS talking to the ladies and checking things so I didn't get to make an Apple Pie as part of our activity.  So... I brought the ingredients home and made it there.  It was so much fun making it with Grace while Hannah slept.  I didn't even bother changing either of us out of  PJs -- which added to the fun!   

Grace had never sliced apples with a knife on a cutting board.  She commented that she was "very grown up now."  I tried to keep up with her by peeling lots of apples, but she was quick and skilled...  she ate a few slices in the process. 












I LOVED the smell of the pie as it cooked.  I always try to duplicate that smell with candles throughout the year, but it isn't the same as the fresh apples baking with cinnamon in the oven!  It smells really yummy....It looks really yummy... I hope it tastes really yummy.  We will dig into it when Danny gets home from church tonight. 


Yes, I have vanilla ice cream to go with it! 

1 comment: