Wednesday, September 29, 2010

God’s protection

Have you ever had one of those experiences that just blow you away because you have seen the protective hand of God?  Sunday night was one of those times for Danny and me.  We were driving home from a date (the last before baby comes) and were talking about how pretty the stars were.  I was halfway turned around in the car looking at a star out my window.  When I faced front I saw a deer in the field beside me and told Danny.  He immediately slowed down and then saw 2 deer frozen in the middle of the road!  He SLAMMED on his brakes and swerved to the left.  Our car just clipped the hind end of one of the deer!  We knew the Hand of the Lord was protecting us because it could have been much worse. 
We immediately praised the Lord for His protection – if we really hit them or if the air bags went off  -- we would have been headed right to the hospital because that would have been bad for me and baby!  He was definitely watching over His children. 
We stopped at a store to look at the damage to the car, and to our surprise there was NONE! No scratch, no ding, no bump, not even a crack!  Thank you, Lord!  Danny’s little Dodge Neon (his teenage boy car) took it like a man!   We may have left a year’s worth of tread on the road, but we don’t care…. God protected us!

1 comment:

  1. Praise God!

    And yes, I have been blown away by one of those experiences before! http://cartwheelsoup.blogspot.com/2010/06/reminders.html

    ReplyDelete