Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Pattern Blocks

Grace got a set of Tangrams for her birthday from Danny’s parents.  She absolutely LOVES them.  We already had a set of Pattern Blocks, but I was looking forward to her making the shapes out of the Tangrams.  She really enjoys those as well, and they can really be a challenge for her – which is nice. 

Hannah has been feeling a little left out, though.  The patterns are a little challenging for her since it only shows the outline of the entire shape and not the individual blocks that make the shape. SO… when I saw this idea for FREE PRESCHOOL PATTERN BLOCK printables (free Preschool Pattern Blocks), I just HAD to print them for Hannah.  SHE IS IN LOVE!! She spent almost the entire school time on Tuesday making the shapes that I had printed.  I printed them on cardstock so they would last longer, but I am thinking I may want them laminated as well.  I think she may wear them out before this week is over!

Making a butterfly…

DSC_0621

FINISHED!

DSC_0624

Now on to the Lion…

DSC_0626DSC_0625

She was SO PROUD of herself!  As you can see there were several other shapes to do, so I was surprised that she let me get a few pictures in before she destroyed this one to make a new one!  Great work, Hannah!

No comments:

Post a Comment