Saturday, March 31, 2012

It’s official!

Yup.. it is official!  We are DEFINITELY going to homeschool Grace in the fall.  I think it was an inevitable decision, but we have made it and are excited!  When thinking about the awesome space that we have, I was telling Danny that I really wanted more shelves to take books, craft supplies and school things from around the house and put them in the School Room.  We have several spaces for some wiring shelves that we already had (from a yard sale last summer), and I just wanted him to install them for me.  After talking it over, Danny suggested that we rearrange the basement and get more room in the School Room and then look for some shelving.  That would be a more permanent solution but more costly.  So… we rearranged everything and got some small shelves from a friend last weekend (along with a desk that you saw pics of last week).

Later on Sunday, I saw the PERFECT shelves on Craigslist!  I hadn’t really thought that we would do this project until this summer, but they were perfect and were the perfect price – FREE!!! Without consulting my man, I emailed the person about them.  There were 2 shelving units that looked like 4 shelves.  Combined they were 8 feet of shelving but most importantly…. THEY WERE FREE (I mentioned that, right?)!!!!!  I just had to have them.  I checked my email 100s of times on Sunday afternoon and evening hoping to hear back but knowing that I wouldn’t hear until Monday.  I PRAYED AND PRAYED!  I knew they would be perfect and Danny confirmed that!.

So… I heard from them on Monday morning and after asking a few questions, we were able to confirm a time to get them – Thursday.  I was jumping up and down and PRAISING THE LORD WHO CAME THROUGH AGAIN IN A HUGE, GIGANTIC WAY!!!!! Danny would get help from a friend at church with a pick up to bring them here!  Since then I have been organizing and rearranging.  This is NOT the final placement of everything… but it is a GREAT start!  I am thrilled and I LOVE seeing this new school room.  It is amazing… now to make the teaching/learning amazing!  It does help to have a nice new space!  We only have a little over a month of school left – I would like to finish before baby comes – so we will enjoy this room as it is now, and then I may change things over the summer –                                                   if I am able to with the FOUR kiddos! 

The view when you come down the stairs into the basement level

DSC_0840

The view looking back toward the stairs

DSC_0841

1 comment: