Friday, March 16, 2012

I am not obsessed

I have some friends who are totally obsessed with Pinterest… but I AM NOT!  I refuse to let myself get caught up in it and try to limit by self to only a few times a week.  I HAVE found some really cool things, useful things, and crafty things that I have pinned.  One of these crafty things I decided to do with the girls since we had all of the parts.  All I needed was poster board/canvas, painters tape and paints – a nice short list compared to some. 

First, I wrote the girls names with the painters tape.  I made it pretty big on a piece of poster board – actually I think it is called foam core or something like that.   I made sure that the tape was stuck down well and that it didn’t have any bubbles in it.

DSC_0648DSC_0649

Then I gave the boards to each of the girls and get them paint the WHOLE THING – ALL OVER IT AND THE TAPE!  They had to get every inch of the board so it would have the right effect.  They loved the feel of the finger paints and had NO PROBLEM getting messy!!

DSC_0651DSC_0652

 

DSC_0653DSC_0656

 

DSC_0657DSC_0658

DSC_0661DSC_0660

This is what Grace’s looked like when she had finished with the painting.

DSC_0667

When it was all dry, I carefully removed the tape to reveal her name..written in white!  They came out really well!

DSC_0668

DSC_0669

We have these in our play room.  If I get really ambitious, I will let the girls do one with Josiah’s name… OR let HIM do it (if I am really BRAVE!). I love how they look even those I didn’t really do a good job keeping Hannah’s name in the same size letters!  Really easy…. really cute!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! I will have to let my boys try that this summer!! We are finishing our basement for a playroom area and these would look great on the walls.

    ReplyDelete