Saturday, March 17, 2012

First ride of the season

The weather is gorgeous… we all love being outside… we are in need of some exercise….we want to do something together.  So what do the Lightners do?  We go for a family bike ride… even though I am 31 weeks pregnant!!!  I took my bike for a little spin this morning – by myself – to make sure that I could actually peddle and would have good balance.  It was weird to have my legs hit my belly with each peddle!I seemed ok, though… so Danny was excited to get going (especially since we don’t know if we will get to much biking this summer with a new baby!).  He had everything ready when Siah woke up from his nap and away we went.  I did make Danny promise to be patient with me if I needed breaks and to NOT leave me far behind!  (He was great!)

Here are all the kids with their helmets.  We were glad that Josiah didn’t scream with his on… he just kept saying HAT, HAT, HAT! 

DSCN8227DSCN8228

The girls fit snugly in the trailer…

DSCN8231

Josiah is hydrating before the long trip….

DSCN8232

He didn’t mind the bike seat… YEAH!  We weren’t so sure because he hadn’t ridden in there since last fall.  He was very content and VERY chatty.  When we went by different people, he would say hi.  He liked the horses and made the “Neigh” sound over and over and over.  He liked it when Danny was next to us so he could chat with the girls and Danny. 

DSCN8235DSCN8234DSCN8236

When we made it back to the van, we got out lunch to eat as a family.  It was a really nice location by the water, and we were all hungry!

DSCN8237DSCN8238

(Hey, Aunty KK, do you recognize the girls’ shirts? They LOVE them!)

DSCN8239DSCN8240

Our van with the two bikes…

DSCN8241

We hope that isn’t our only ride of this year….  we will have to see how the weather is and how I am feeling! 

No comments:

Post a Comment