Monday, March 19, 2012

I MUST update it IMMEDIATELY!

Every time the kids’ birthdays come around, I try to get a good photo shoot of them.  It was really fun getting the most recent pictures of the girls, but since Josiah’s birthday is in the fall, I couldn’t leave him out… ESPECIALLY since I have printed the girls’ pictures and they are hanging above our fireplace.  The picture that I have there of Josiah is one where he is in his Bumbo chair… yes, that was A LLLLOOONNNGGG time ago!  I MUST update it IMMEDIATELY!

So I grabbed my camera this morning – with hardly any battery left – and the black blanket with a few props and headed to my favorite photo shoot location – the girls’ room.  I laid everything out and then changed Josiah.  I wasn’t hopeful for a great shoot, but I was THRILLED when he cooperated with me!  I was only able to get 14 pictures due to the lack of battery (how did I let that happen?), but I like the results… updated pictures of my little man!  Yes, I will be printing one of them asap to hang with the awesome ones of the girls! Later this week you will have to come over and see the new display above our fireplace!  (Yes, it will need to be rearranged when our new buddy arrives!!!!  Danny and I are thinking that through.)

He started off a little slow…. he wasn’t sure that he wanted to smile for me!  But with the help of some props and the girls….we made progress!

DSC_0757DSC_0760

But he quickly began to show some expression and personality (which he DOESN’T lack)…

DSC_0762

DSC_0763

DSC_0767

DSC_0766DSC_0761

My favorite… the one for the mantle:

DSC_0768

And a goofy one… just like the girls had! 

DSC_0765

4 comments:

  1. LOVE!!!!!! I can't believe he is so grown up. But then I think the same thing when I look at MY kids. He is adorable and I wish I COULD come over to check out the new mantle display!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josiah is growing up WAY too rapidly!!! He looks five years old - sorry Grace! Very nice photos tho and I plan to come see them in May over the mantle!!!! Yippee!!!! love to all, nanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. he looks SOOO old!! i can't even believe it! adorable shots sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did he get his hair cut? I think that does it every time! So cute....

    Auntie Dolly

    ReplyDelete