Thursday, July 14, 2011

I am not a shopper

I have never been one of those girls who likes to shop… it is not something that I naturally like to do in my spare time (do I have spare time?)  I am NOT one of those people who enjoy going to the mall, especially on Black Friday.  I try to avoid shopping at all costs on THAT day.  I am NOT a shopper.  I think one of the reasons is because you need money to shop – to have fun shopping.  I generally do not have wads of money in my wallet waiting to be spent on clothes or home stores.  I have money for things that my family needs and there ISN’T much for other spending.  (except for the little “blow money” that I get each month.) Another reason that I am not a shopper is that I always have kids with me.  Can you really think and shop with the kids?  I usually have a list with butter, eggs, diapers, salad dressing and carrots on it.  I need that focus with the plethora of things that can distract me in a store – bathroom breaks, dropped cookies, crying baby, fighting kids, seeing a friend, an injury, a sale on toothpaste and knowing that it will be free with my coupon, etc. 

BUT now that I have discovered Hobby Lobby, there IS a reason to shop and I have learned that it CAN be a fun experience.  I simple LOVE that store.  When we first moved into this house, I had a vision for the rooms and how I wanted them decorated.  I definitely do NOT have the budget to get things the way that I think they should be, but I pick up little things and I am happy with the progress.  My vision for my bedroom was to have some kind of round metal piece to hang above our bed.  I wasn’t sure what it was going to look like, but I would know it when I saw it.  I checked several stores and home improvement centers, but I finally found what I liked at Hobby Lobby.  I was scared to look at the price even though it was in the clearance section.  It was $20!!! SOLD!! It didn’t have the glass votive holders, but I could splurge and get them at Wal Mart.  It was originally around $80 so this was a GREAT price!  Ok… this IS fun!

                                                  DSC_1003

Anyway, I have been going back to HL to search through their clearance section for more things for my home, and this week almost all of the clearance was just marked down to 90% off!  That is a price that I can handle.  I got a clock for the wall that was originally $60 for only $6!  I got some pillar candles for 90 cents and 60 cents for the smaller ones!  It was so much fun… I guess shopping can be fun when the prices are right! 

No comments:

Post a Comment