Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Floods of Memories

It is amazing how you can look at something – a picture, an object, a building, etc. – and floods of memories will come over you.  This happened this weekend when I saw a candy bar that I haven’t seen in years – Mamba!  I am sure that it doesn’t mean a THING to you, but to me and my brothers, it will make the memories come back.  So I HAD to buy it!

                                               DSC_0926

This is the candy that we used to pick when we would shop with mom.  I don’t know why we chose it… was it for its HUGE size?  was it for the 1,000s of wrappers?  was it for the capability of trading flavors with a sibling?  Why didn’t I get something chocolate?  This pack of 24 candies were a delight to my brothers and me.  I can remember trading them for the flavors that we really liked.  I can remember taking two flavors and smashing them together and then eating them.  I can remember piling the wrappers from all of our candies to see how high it would get!  I remember cleaning out the bronco when it was trashed with these wrappers!  FUN TIMES….

It is little things like this silly candy that really make me miss my parents, my siblings, my sisters in law and my nephews!  I wish I had a private jet to shuttle myself and my kids to weekend trips together.  To dull the pain a little, I made some delicious Auntie Rachelle bread today… YUMMY!  I think 12-15 rolls with butter will help!  (If you have never had her rolls.. they are MAGICAL!)

1 comment:

  1. i do not remember those candies, but i bet adam does!
    and i wish that we were having dinner together with that bread.
    miss you and those babies of yours! :(

    ReplyDelete