Thursday, July 7, 2011

I am a Couponer…NOT a HOARDER

Because of the new TV series on TLC, many couponers have been given a bad name.  These extreme couponers buy HUGE quantities of items – and even get some things that THEY DON’T EVEN USE OR NEED!  This drives me crazy, and it is such a waste!  If you are buying things that you don’t need you are NOT saving money – unless you can get them for FREE.  I think that it has really left a bad taste in the mouth of some of the stores now.  They are tightening up on their coupon policies and making it harder for those of us who really do coupon and try to do it ethically.  It is really hard here in Iowa to do couponing well because we only have one major Drugstore and we don’t have ANY grocery stores that double coupons!!  So… we have to be extra smart and wise!
Anyway… I wanted to show you that I am NOT an extreme couponer or a hoarder!  I do NOT buy things that I know we will not use!  I try to be as careful as I can.  I will NOT get 56 bottles of mustard (we don’t even go through one per year!) just because I can get it free with coupons!  Here is my stash… Danny just installed more shelving for me so I can have everything all together.  This shelving is in our downstairs bath.  I had a wonderful pantry in Ankeny, but we needed to make some adjustments after moving to this house.  I am quite happy with it… for now.  I think I will have him add another tiny one next to the dryer.  I also have a shoe rack on the door that holds free samples, soap, sponges, etc…. all of the small stuff.  I hope you like it… as you can see… WE LOVE CEREAL!  We go through about 3 boxes a week!  I DO NOT HOARD!  I am a couponer… and a pretty good one!
                                        DSC_0971
                                   DSC_0972
And for those of you who were wondering, I get my cereal for around a dollar a box!  Yes, a dollar.  On Sunday I got three boxes of Fiber One cereal.  They were on clearance for $1.39 but I had a 75 cent coupon to use on each one...THAT IS CHEAP CEREAL!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment