Monday, November 22, 2010

Thankful

"I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise will CONTINUALLY be in my mouth!"

I just had so much to be thankful for this year... I don't know where to start!  When I think about the things I am thankful for, it reminds me of a friend in HS.  She had a Happy Book.  It was a journal that she wrote in ALL THE TIME.  She made a long list of the things that made her happy.  Silly things like milk mustaches or flip flops made her list (flip flops are on Bethany's too!).  But she also had serious ones too, like salvation, Jesus, and her family.

If I had a happy book, it would have to be a really thick book with many lines in it.  I would write and write and write about all that God has done and given. I love the thought from a song that says if all of the oceans were ink and all of the sky was a page, we wouldn't have room to write about all that God has done and all that He is.

Lately, God has been teaching Danny and I all about His goodness to us and the things that He has given.  WE ARE SO BLESSED THAT IT IS DISGUSTING!  We had drawers full of things that we "might" need and a basement with boxes of Christmas decorations while children around the world are starving and are thirsty.  WE ARE TOO BLESSED!  WE ARE TOO COMFY!  WE ARE SPOILED!

What does this mean... what are we going to do with this conviction?  We aren't sure yet.  We are thankful, though, that God is still teaching us and we are still listening to Him.  We are willing...

As we celebrate Thanksgiving, we will BLESS THE LORD and thank HIM for all things for I know I am blessed beyond measure!!!!





1 comment:

  1. His praise should be continuously in our mouths - ready to spill out to glorify Him! It has been a great year - counting my blessings too - naming them one by one! : )

    ReplyDelete