Thursday, November 11, 2010

A new do!

I have wanted to give Hannah bangs, but I have been pretty nervous about putting scissors that close to her eyes.  There would be NO WAY that she would sit still long enough for me to do a fantastic job, and I didn’t want to poke her in the eyes with my scissors.   I didn’t want to crop it too short either.  With just one snip of the scissors, she could have a haircut that would haunt her for life!  Bravely, I got out the scissors and set her on the counter in the bathroom.  Very carefully, I combed her hair into position and took a deep breath. She didn’t sit still for long, but I was able to take several small cuts to make bangs. 

She looks like a new kid… so old…so grown up… so much more like her sister!  I discovered at lunch, that even though she may look different, she is the same kid. (When I wasn’t looking she put her bowl of spaghetti on her head and yelled, “Hat, Mama!”  Yup, it was a hat of spaghetti on top of her newly washed hair!  

This is still our precious Hannah!) 


1 comment: