Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December is here!

Wow... where has the time gone?  I can't believe that it is already December... we need to get in full Christmas mode immediately!

Grace, Hannah and I started our Advent Calendar today.  It is a wooden calendar that my mom gave me a few years ago.  I print off slips of paper with activities on them and the girls and I complete them every day until Christmas.   Some of the activities we will do as a family while others will be a special present to open or candy to eat.



Today, Day 1, Grace opened the box and discovered that our activity was to make Popcorn Garland for our tree!  We loved doing that last year so I just had to include it again this year.  Grace as a BIG help stringing the popcorn (she remembered the particulars about it from last year) and Hannah was a BIG help cleaning up all of the pieces that we dropped (she shoveled them right into her mouth!).


 





 After the string was completed we put it on the tree -- it is beautiful!  The girls are anxious for Daddy to see it!



What will the calendar have us do tomorrow?

2 comments:

  1. I so wish we could do this on our tree (mixed with some cranberries) but, I'm certain our dog would attack our tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet little faces - they would make anything fun!!! You are making Christmas memories for these little ones!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete