Monday, May 17, 2010

Saving Money

Most of you know that I LOVE to save money... mostly because I only have a set amount each month to pay for groceries, toiletries, etc. We use the envelop system, so when I run out of money in one envelop... I have to take it from another or wait until the first of the month comes! So.. coupons have been my friend.

I wanted to share with you some of the deals that I have scored in the last 16 days of this month because I have already saved $46.20! YIPEE!! I consider myself a novice at all of this... nothing like the websites that I visit, but I am learning and know that my life CANNOT be governed by shopping and using coupons! Here are my favorite deals of the month:

5 pound bag of potatoes -- 72 cents!! (I wanted to get 10 bags, but that is excessive. I got 2.)
Banquet chicken patties (6 count) -- 77 each (chicken parm this week!)
Digorno Pizza with breadsticks -- $2.97 (cheap dinner as compared to ordering out)
Smart Taste Pasta -- 27 cents
Oscar meyer bacon -- 98 cents
Nivea body wash -- FREE
Diapers -- I can't remember the final amounts at Target, but I got 2 $5 cards back and I used a bunch of the $3 printable coupons! It was quite a fun trip!

What am I looking forward to this week?

Well, Post cereal is on sale at Walgreens for $1.75 and I have a bunch of $2 coupons... they will be free plus they are giving back Rapid Rewards for them! MAKING MONEY! Plus Right Guard is on sale BOGO... when I use coupons it will be 99 cents for 2. I will go check out the Fareway (grocery store) ad in a few minutes... I am sure they have deals this week, too!

What deals have you been getting lately?

2 comments:

  1. yay for savings!! :) i printed a 3.00 off coupon from target.com. found a pair of men's flip flops for adam that were clearanced to 3.74. final price....74 cents!! :) doesn't it just make you happy to save money?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am having a horrible time couponing since carter was born. it takes too much time! but i did get a whole TON of diapers a few weeks back when i had target coupons, plus manufacturer's coupons, plus a $5 gift card that i got for every two boxes of diapers i bought. i got eight boxes!! and saved about $90. it was pretty darn exciting.

    ReplyDelete