Monday, August 19, 2013

Harvesting….

As I have mentioned before we planted a small garden this year… not big, but just right for the first year in this endeavor.  We planted squash, zucchini, peppers, cucumbers, and green beans.  We LOVE the green beans.  The kids, Danny and I love to pick them and eat them right from the garden… YUM!  I have to be careful, though.  If I ever want to have some for dinner, I have to limit what the kids eat while we are playing outside!! It can’t be snack time ALL the time! :)

Today, Grace and I went out to check on the garden during naptime.  We were pleasantly surprised to find tons of green beans – well, a ton for US.  We have only have one real meal with green beans, but TONIGHT we will have meal number two.  Grace and I were able to pick – 80 green beans – of great size!  I am sure that they will be eaten IN NO TIME… I truly have little piggies around here!!!

Here is our harvest for today…

DSC_0242

Here are all of the really BIG ones… Grace was quite impressed!

DSC_0243

This is the largest one of the bunch!

DSC_0244

NO EATING, Silly girl!

DSC_0245

Working hard to get them ready for dinner for the family!

Love her tongue hanging out!

DSC_0246

DSC_0247

Great work, Sugar!

DSC_0248

DSC_0249

No comments:

Post a Comment