Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Just in case you didn’t know…. I love you!

My husband, whom I  love GREATLY, has always had an aversion to Valentines Day.  Why do I have to tell you that I love you on a day when everyone else does?  Why do I have to buy into the Hallmark holiday?  Well, this year, I changed things up in order to let him know that I loved him.  I wanted to make the holiday special enough to convince him that he should celebrate it with me.  So… I celebrated the 14 days of Valentines!  I made notes for him to find for 14 days and each had candy, a snack, a coupon or an idea for us to do together.  We started off on day one with getting a Red Box Movie for after the kids went to bed!  He was convinced from day one!  Honey, just in case you didn’t know… I love you!  He loved the sweedish fish and the note that read, “It’s o’fish’al….I love you!”  and the I-Tunes Gift Card which said, “We make pretty amazing music together!”   I know, sappy, but he loved it…. WIN!

I always do special things for the kids on Valentines….. here are the highlights but certainly NOT all of the specials of the day…

PINK Milk!

DSC_0046

DSC_0047

DSC_0048

This is Caleb on his first Valentines Celebration!

DSC_0050

Danny hid all of these kisses for the kids to find… they were squealing with delight as they found each one!!

DSC_0051

Hannah had to find these hearts during her math lesson. She told me the numbers and then had to put them in order from 0-20!  Good work, Hannah!

DSC_0052

DSC_0053

It was Thursday so we had to go to the Library!  It is pretty fitting for our family since we ALL LOVE it there!  I love that the Library has a parking garage.  It is much warmer than being outside and we don’t have to worry about snow or the wind! 

 

DSC_0055

Once upstairs we had to return the books that we borrowed before we could collect the new ones!  We had several on reserve this time, which was VERY exciting!  We had to find where they were kept and they had Grace’s name on them!  COOL!

DSC_0056Hannah enjoyed getting this book… I remembered it from when I was a child so it was fun to check it out and read it over and over and over to her and the other kids!

DSC_0057

All of the kids love to go to the Library.  I don’t let them play on the computers – something that we can do at home – I only let them play with the puzzles and things in the children’s section or read books!  We have such fun finding books on a certain topic or about a certain character. 

DSC_0058

Caleb is on the move!

DSC_0060

DSC_0061

DSC_0062

DSC_0063

DSC_0064

While I was at the computer, Josiah used the books to make a balance beam that he was jumping over!  What a kid!

DSC_0065DSC_0066

DSC_0067DSC_0068

Checking out the mountain of books that we have collected… I love that the kids know how to do it all by themselves! 

DSC_0069

DSC_0070

Caleb loves the windows that go all the way to the floor… perfect height for him!

DSC_0072

Once we were back at home, we have heart-shaped pizza!  YUMMY!

DSC_0075

DSC_0076

DSC_0077

After naps and some play time, Daddy came home to make dinner…. he made Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo!  He spoils us!  The kids especially loved the candles that I set up on the table.  They wanted to blow them out like candles on a birthday cake.  I kept having to explain that they were just for a special effect… they didn’t get it!  Oh, well!

DSC_0078

After dinner and gymnastics we had Oreo shakes for dessert….a special treat for a special family!  I think they know that I love them!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment