Monday, February 25, 2013

A Party FULL of characters….

On Saturday we had a birthday party for the girls… it is really nice having their birthdays close so we can have a combined party.   These days Grace is really into cooking and reading while Hannah is into pretend play and Cinderella.  I wasn’t sure how to combine the two to make a fun party…a reading Cinderella party? or a pretend cooking party?  After tossing around a few ideas and hearing what each girl was thinking of asking to eat as their birthday meal (pizza), I knew I had just found my answer….a Make Your Own Pizza Party – complete with COSTUMES! 

So, I got to work brainstorming ideas and looking at Pinterest for some help with the details.  I make a list of things I wanted to make and got working on them.  I made pizza invitations with the girls, aprons for them and our guests, sketched a cake, made chef hats, and worked on what toppings to serve.  It all came together nicely and was A TON of fun!  (Thanks to Tracy for many of these adorable pictures at the party!)

Here are the girls trying on the costumes right after I made them:

DSC_0156DSC_0159

With all of the details finished, we were ready for the party!  Here come all of those crazy characters we call friends!

Many of the guest also participated in the fun with hats or these crazy moustaches!

DSC_0212DSC_0216

Danny and I had the chef hats and an apron/chefs jacket!  Adorable, right?

DSC_0213

DSC_0215

Caleb got in on the fun, too! 

DSC_0217DSC_0277

Grace and Hannah’s friends…

DSC_0220DSC_0221DSC_0223

DSC_0225

A riveting game of Pin the Pepperoni on the Pizza!

DSC_0227DSC_0240

DSC_0247DSC_0250

DSC_0257DSC_0258

Getting instructions on how to make a pizza…look at all of those characters!

DSC_0273

Decorations upstairs….

DSC_0279

I love how this poster has pictures of the girls when they were little and now when they are big!

DSC_0372

1 comment:

  1. No matter if some one searches for his required thing, so he/she desires to
    be available that in detail, thus that thing is maintained over
    here.

    Look into my weblog rekuperator ()

    ReplyDelete