Thursday, May 19, 2011

I am NOT SUPERMOM

You can tell a lot about a person by reading their blog… their likes and dislikes…their hobbies… the things that they value.  Well, I have come to realize that many people look at this blog with the GORGEOUS pictures of my kiddos and think that I have it all together, but BOY ARE THEY FOOLED!!  I AM NOT SUPERMOM!  There.  I said it!  I am NOT Supermom!  It is so freeing to say it out loud!  I say it to myself all the time and I am ok with that!   I am not perfect…. my house is messy… my children defiantly disobey me in public… we have days that we spend in our PJs… I don’t take a shower everyday…. I have ten+ pregnancy pounds that I would like to lose…. I don’t make all of my own baby food… I can get upset with my husband…. I have yelled at my kids….  my house really needs to be dusted… I get to the end of the day and realize that I haven’t read my Bible…. my son has days that he just cries and cries even though I have tried every tactic I know… I do have a pair of MOM jeans (I wear them to paint in!!!)… there are days that I just want to lock myself in the closet and hide…. I struggle with sin…  I buy things without coupons…  I have dirty dishes in the sink… oh, the list could go on and on. 

BUT… I am thankful that I KNOW who I am in Christ:  I am a new creation…. I am a daughter of the King…. I am loved with an everlasting Love… I was knit together by my Creator… I am beautiful in His eyes….  through Jesus I am justified… I am chosen… I am part of His family… I can do all things with His strength…  I can never be separated from His Love… oh, the list could go on and on!

So.. as you read these posts, I hope you see a family who loves Jesus and has been changed because of Him.  Our edges are REALLY rough, but He is still working on us!  We aren’t perfect, but that is ok… He is changing us little by little…

                                        DSC_0175_thumb[1]

5 comments:

  1. preach it sister :)
    thanks for your honesty...and i am right there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good thing that you're not "Supermom", because I'm certainly not "Superdad", so if you were "Supermom", then we'd be unequally yoked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, i am so right there with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may not be "supermom" but you are a super mom. You love your kids and that is what is important! =) dolly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post because it is so true of all of us!!!! It can be so easy to feel like we have to have it all together. But, if we were Supermom or Dads, we wouldn't need Jesus. I was also challenged that my kids wouldn't need Him either. ;-) Thanks for the reminder to trust and rely on God to soften us and make us more like Him!

    ReplyDelete