Thursday, April 25, 2013

ALL IN!

When my kids get into something.. they are ALL IN!  Like when they get a new toy, they play with it over and over again until it is almost worn out!  They like playing the same games over and over until they eventually get tired of it.  The same has been true of our study about Little House on the Prairie… except they have NOT gotten sick of it – yet!  We have been playing, pretending, coloring, crafting, cooking, reading, and studying Laura and her family!  We just can’t get enough of it… and in time I am sure we will even watch a little of the show that goes along with the books as well!

To feed their obsession, my aunt sent us 2 wonderful gifts – the Little House Cookbook and Little House Paper dolls!  They are both treasured in this house!  We haven’t made anything out of the cookbook, but I know we will VERY soon!  The dolls on the other hand were a hit!  As soon as Grace saw them she was begging for me to cut out the pieces so she could play with them. I made her wait 18 hours so I could cut them out, laminate them and then cut them out again.  I know what you are thinking… why go through all that work?  Well, you have to know these obsessed girls and their reckless brother and teething brother.  I knew these girls would play with the dolls from morning until night and their curious brothers would beg to play or chew on them as well.  I wanted them to last more than a week… and they have with great success!  You might think that was a little weird, but for me it was a necessity!  ;)

Here are the little girls… with their new prized possessions!

Thanks, Auntie!

DSC_0906

DSC_0908

DSC_0914DSC_0915

DSC_0919

2 comments:

  1. I did the same thing this week only with ballerina paperdolls! Ha! Ha! (laminated and all)...great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.s. I chose to cut the tags off and we use sticky tac to hold on the clothes. It works great!

    ReplyDelete