Wednesday, November 21, 2012

OCC

I love Operation Christmas Child! I cry at each of the promotional videos that I have ever seen.  I can truly imagine the children receiving their boxes and loving each article inside.  I can see the balls being played with, the flashlights begin shone during bedtime when they should be sleeping, the fingers as they squish through playdough for the first time, and the dirty feet as they slip into soft socks for the first time!  I can hear their giggles…. the giggles of children who hear for the first time of the love of Jesus as they inspect each item from their box!  We don’t do OCC for the fame or the thanks… we do it for Jesus so HIS NAME will be proclaimed throughout the whole world… even to those places that will not let people have Bibles they WILL let people get an OCC box!

So.. again this year we participated with our church.  For Josiah’s birthday his friends helped to fill his OCC box so we were well on our way!  We ended up doing one box for each of the big kids (3 total) and our church filled nearly 800 (that was the goal and I know we are really close!).  

Here are pictures from our packing party!

DSC_0557DSC_0558

DSC_0559DSC_0560

DSC_0561 (2)

DSC_0563DSC_0562

DSC_0564 (2)

DSC_0565

DSC_0566 (2)

No comments:

Post a Comment