Saturday, September 1, 2012

September means SCHOOL!

I love school supplies… I love school… I love the smell of play doh… I love new boxes of Crayola crayons with sharp crayons….I love the Back to School sales with great prices like 10 cent paper and 25 cent crayons… I love teacher stores, bulletin boards… oh, the list could go on and on.  I loved going back to school as a kid to see all of the decorated classrooms and which teachers were in which rooms and grades.  The excitement was contagious… I was always on a school-high. 

I hope to create that same excitement in my own children each fall when school comes.  September means SCHOOL and I want them to be as excited as their teacher is!  For a few weeks now I have been diligently working on school, which is hard when you have four kids!  I ordered our books awhile ago and have been studying from them.  We made a chain to count down until the first day and have been taking a link off each day. Two weeks ago I told the kids they were NOT ALLOWED to go down to the school room.  It was off limits until the first day of school.  They are SO CURIOUS and that is EXACTLY what I want!  I can’t change too much down there, but I have added a few new things and reorganized some other parts.  Basically, I want the anticipation to grow until the first day… I want them to be awed…. I want school to be great!

The girls’ seats, calendar, place for AWANA verses, etc. I got this bulletin board from church… I LOVE IT!

DSC_0591

The bulletin board for our Missionary Friends…. we will be writing to them once a month and hopefully they will write back!

DSC_0594

Our new Reading Center made from an old curtain, yarn and cardboard (an idea adapted from Family Fun Magazine)

DSC_0589

Our shelves and little table for activities and for Josiah

(his pencil box with NEW CRAYONS is on the table)

DSC_0590

My desk…command central!

DSC_0592

Can’t wait for the first day.. Yes, there WILL be pictures!  We start on Tuesday and I will be excited to see how my planning has worked or flopped….

1 comment: