Thursday, September 20, 2012

Learning with Fruit Loops

I found this cool idea on Pinterest (I try not to spend too much time on there), and then I expanded it.  I started by collecting toilet paper rolls and wrapped them with different colors of paper and labeled them with the names of the colors.  I could have stopped there and Hannah would have loved it because she is able to “read” the names of the colors.

BUT…I then I gave each of the kids a pile of Fruit Loops and had them sort the pieces by color – put the reds in the red tube, the greens in the green tube, etc.  Grace and Hannah really LOVED it, but Siah is still learning his colors.  He just wanted to eat each one in his pile so he stuffed them in any tube so he could be done!  ;)    Once they had finished, they lifted the tubes and had nice piles of different colors.  We talked about which ones had more and which ones had fewer… THEN I let them eat and eat.  That was their favorite part!

DSC_0810

DSC_0811

DSC_0812

DSC_0813

I made these special pages for Grace to write her Sparks verses on for Handwriting each day.  The first several sections in her new book has a verse that corresponds with a letter in the word SPARKS. She has loved practicing her verses and writing at the same time.  It gives us a great reminder each day to review them! (Last night she said the first 4 sections in her book!  WAY TO GO, GRACE!!)

DSC_0814

DSC_0815

DSC_0816

And here is her FIRST spelling pretest.  She got all 10 words right and even wrote the sentence containing the words perfectly.  She is impressive!  We have the final test tomorrow…. she is super excited!

DSC_0817

No comments:

Post a Comment