Saturday, July 14, 2012

Tummy Time!

There are some kids who HATE tummy time…but NOT this kiddo.  Caleb prefers to be on his tummy and two weeks ago our house got less crazy when I realized this.  Caleb had never been a good napper – unless you were holding him.  He didn’t like the swing too much and even if you thought he was asleep or really sleepy, he wouldn’t sleep for more than 30-45 minutes in his bed for naps.  Then he would be so tired and cranky… NOT FUN!  I had been begging God for wisdom and waiting for His answer….

But two weeks ago I tried having him sleep on his tummy exclusively for nap times… and we have a NEW BOY!!  It must have been an answer from God because I had tried that before but I didn’t get the success that I have now.  He loves it and is really strong.  He holds his head up really well and even flipped over onto his back once in his crib.  He scoots all around during naptimes and I find him turned 180 degrees from where I laid him.  

Some people ask if I am nervous with Caleb sleeping on his tummy even though the doctors tell you not to.  My answer… I believe that God gave me the answer to help Caleb sleep.  He knows Caleb better than I do and He will take care of him.  As the Giver of Life, I am trusting my Heavenly Father.  (It helps when I hear other moms in this situation and am reminded that my generation ALL slept on tummies.)

Here is our 8 week old boy!

DSC_0112DSC_0113

 

DSC_0114

DSC_0115

This one makes me laugh!

DSC_0119

No comments:

Post a Comment