Thursday, June 7, 2012

Keeping them busy

As a mommy, I know that part of my job is to keep the kiddos busy so they don’t kill themselves or each other.  I always have a few tricks up my sleeve or activities that I can whip out in a pinch that will satisfy them for 30 minutes or more.  Last week when my mom was here, we were having one of those times that just needed a mommy intervention.  They needed an activity and they needed it NOW!

So, what is this mommy going to do?  I whipped out a large shallow plastic tub, squirted a few drops of dish soap, filled it with water, added some cups, and carried it to the deck.  INSTANT FUN!  The kids all loved it… they splashed, they poured, they dumped, they threw bubbles, they “painted” each other, etc.  They had a blast!  It was a great diversion and kept them occupied for a LONG TIME and they got clean at the same time...SCORE!  Yes, they did get soaked, but that was much easier to handle then the whining, fighting, and chaos. 

DSC_1401

DSC_1402DSC_1403

DSC_1404

DSC_1405

DSC_1407DSC_1408

DSC_1409

DSC_1411DSC_1410

“Should I dump this water on mommy?”

DSC_1412

No comments:

Post a Comment