Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Still Saving…still clipping!

I just realized that I haven’t really talked about couponing or savings lately… just so you know, I AM still couponing and saving and clipping!  I still love to get the sales fliers and match up my coupons with the sales to get GREAT deals!  I love to get coupons from my mom in the mail and from my friend Lois at church.  I still carefully put them away in my trusty box and lug that box with me to the store.  It is now part of the family… :)   I think I should name it… any suggestions?

It may seem silly to you, but the time and effort that I put into couponing has really saved our family this year already.  So far we have saved $558.72 this year on things that we would buy anyway!  That is an average of $139 PER MONTH!!  I would consider that significant… I would consider it worth it.  I really don’t spend more that 2-4 hours a week couponing… It doesn’t consume my life and I won’t let it.  There is a thrill, though, when I am able to get a great deal. For example, last week I found a coupon online for Earthbound produce --- 75 cents off.  You don’t see many produce coupons so I printed it immediately.  I was able to print two, and I took them to the store with me.  I was able to buy 2 bags of carrots that were 99 cents and then with the coupons, I was able to get them each for 24 cents.  Now that is a great deal on carrots.  Just today, I printed off two coupons for Wholly Guacamole from Facebook for $1.50 each.  That brand is on sale this week at Hy Vee for $2.50, so I will pay $1 for each of the guacamole… Danny will be THRILLED!!  I know what he will be munching on each evening!  :)

So.. just a piece of advice… START COUPONING!! Start small…it will change your budget!  I am NOT the crazy coupon lady and I don’t let it rule my world, BUT I do save a TON with them and will try to continue to each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment