Monday, January 16, 2012

Still saving money

Yes, I have made a resolution to save money again this year.  I think once you have started saving, it will always be on your heart and mind.  I want to save MORE than I did last year, so I am excited to hear what a PROFESSIONAL has to say about couponing at our next MOPS meeting.  We have Katie Kitterman coming.  She is from here in Iowa and is going to share her secrets to saving in our meeting.  She gives seminars in our area.

One of the chief ways that I save money is buying meat in bulk.  Fareway grocery store is the best place for me to find chicken.  I am able to get 10 pound bags of chicken for 39-49 cents a pound (it is hindquarters – legs with thighs)WOW!  Then I take it home and divide it up into dinner portions for our family.  I am able to get about 4 dinners from a 10 pound bag.  AWESOME!  I usually get 4-6 bags when it goes on sale like this!

I also just got a HUGE pork tenderloin (about 21 inches long) from HyVee for $14 with a Hormel coupon.  I took it home and divided it into 2 large pork roasts, and then several meals of THICK pork chops for our family! I was able to get over 6 meals for us for $14 (I know that we will have LO roast!)!

Just wanted to show you what I do…. Maybe it will inspire YOU! 

               DSC_0122DSC_0123

 

                 DSC_0124DSC_0125

No comments:

Post a Comment