Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A baby BOY is on the way!

Of course Danny and I have been praying for a healthy baby growing inside of me.  We have been name planning and trying to figure out who will sleep where when the baby comes.  But deep down both of us were really hoping for another boy.  Grace and Hannah are great friends (most of the time), so we were hoping that Josiah could have his own brother for a playmate.  God has granted us our desire.

We went to the doctors as a family last Friday and ALL went in to see the ultrasound.  The kids sat in chairs and ate fruit snacks while I laid on the table.  Danny attended to them.  They oohed  at all of the pictures of the baby. They loved seeing the heart beat, the little arms, legs, head, belly, etc.  They were so funny.  Hannah was a little more concerned with the jelly stuff on my belly than anything else.

The technician asked us to close our eyes while she decided what the gender of the baby was.  We gave her an envelop to put her decision in.  When I was all finished, Hannah climbed up on the table just like me.  The Tech was so nice... she did a little ultrasound of Hannah!  She got to see her own kidneys!  She LOVED the cool jelly on her tummy.  What a brave little girl!

When we left the doctors, we went right to lunch where we opened the envelope to reveal that we were having a boy.  I will not post the pictures that show the proof, but it is obvious!  :)


We are already praying for this little life -- BY NAME  -- and asking the Lord for him to be a man of God, one who loves the Word of God and desires to serve Him all of the days of his life.  What a honor to raise another boy to make an eternal difference!

PS.. After we opened the envelop and cheered, I resumed eating only to be interrupted by Danny's comment: "But I really liked the girl's name we had picked, too!"  Oh, Danny!  I nearly choked on my food!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment