Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Prayers for my children

I was inspired by a post that I read a few weeks ago to come up with a few verses that I could pray over my children each day.  I didn’t write down exactly the same verses that she did, but I did take the whole concept to heart.  I NEED to be praying more for my kids and certain activities throughout the day can trigger me to remember to pray for specific areas for them.

At Meal Times or Snacks:

“Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him.”  Psalm 34:8

Lord, please help them to taste and see that YOU are good.. You are the one that they need in life.  Develop a hunger in them for YOU that they will not chase idols but the real YOU!

As they get up in the morning and get dressed:

“Be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.” Ephesians 6:10-11

Lord, please help them get suited up in their armor so they can fight off the enemy.  I know that he is real, but You are more powerful.   Give my kids victory over Satan with Your help, Lord.

As we go for a daily walk:

“Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the ungodly or stands in the way of sinners or sits in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the Law of the Lord, and on his Law he meditates day and night.” 

Psalm 1:1-2

Lord, I pray that my children will walk with YOU and not with friends who are going to pull them into sin.  Help them to choose friends wisely and always stand up for You when they have to make decisions.  May Your Word come to mind so they are not easily taken to a path of sin. 

As we say “I love you” before bed:

“Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.” Mark 10:30

Lord, I pray that they will love you more than any thing and any one.  I desire them to love You more than anything.  May their love for You grow and develop so their hearts, souls, minds, and strength are transformed.

As we play together:

“Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love just as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.”  Ephesians 5:1-2

Lord, please help them to imitate you more and more.  They love to copy me, but in reality I want them to copy You.  I will fail them and not be the perfect model, but You never fail. 

 

May these verses and prayers draw them to You, dear Lord.   My prayer is that Hannah and Josiah will ask You to be their Savior just as Grace has so that ALL THREE will live for You and make a Kingdom impact! AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment