Saturday, March 5, 2011

What is wrong with me?

So... I have all of these great ideas... ideas that are great for a split second, but then they turn out to be just TORTURE!!!  What is wrong with me? I usually think that these things are fun and educational and that I am being a great mommy for letting them do these creative things.  On Friday.... I was a grump...a mommy of three grump!  I think was just my mood yesterday, but I just couldn't STAND the mess that this activity made!  It was driving me crazy... didn't I know that a two year old would make a mess?  Isn't that just part of the fun?  Isn't it better that she use these things to practice pouring than using grape juice?  :)

So... the girls had a blast... I tried to have a little fun, too, but this morning they were BEGGING to play again.  I reluctantly let them because I know they love it, they are learning, and it can be cleaned up easily! 

 I am over my little "funk" of yesterday.  Yes, I will let them play with shaving cream, chocolate pudding, play dough, etc.  I am a good mommy.... caring more about THEM then a perfect house!  




2 comments:

  1. What's in there???? AND what is the best thing to use to write in - like in a cookie sheet?? I know everything will be messy, but I think it will help Grace pratice her letters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great mommy!! it's so hard sometimes, but it's funny to see the things that really stand out in their minds years later.
    watch...this will probably be their favorite memory of you - ever :)

    ReplyDelete