Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Strange Kid

It is a GORGEOUS day today in Iowa -- only in the mid 70s with a nice breeze and hardly a cloud in the sky.  We went out to the backyard this morning and the girls played and played!  They loved running in the grass, pretending in the play house, climbing up and down the slides, and kicking the soccer balls into the net. 

What was I doing? I brought out some MOPS stuff and magazines and sat on the blanket for a nice time of reading in the sun!  PRETTY PERFECT!  We were out there for an hour and a half... no whining, no arguing, no "needing mommy".  It was great!  I hope I got a little sun in the process, too! 

I grabbed some Goldfish and drinks for a nice snack out on my blanket.  I have a strange kid, though.  Being silly, I took some of the Goldfish and stuck them between Grace's toes.  I thought that she would laugh, take them out, and then throw them away,  and we would have a good laugh.  BUT... my strange girl giggled and giggled and then had other plans.....



 ....Gross!  At least she did have a bath last night... it could have been worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment