Friday, August 6, 2010

Shaving Cream Mess

I don't want my girls to be those kinds of kids... you know, the ones that enter school without having been children. The kind who never painted, never played with play-doh, never splashed in puddles, never made mud pies and never made a mess. I want my girls to explore, to learn, and to be kids!

So this afternoon I pulled out the picnic table and brought out cans of daddy's shaving cream... they squealed in delight. I gave them each a spoon (used to spread it or bang on the table) and a huge glob of shaving cream. They loved smearing it, drawing in it, and squishing it between their chubby fingers. I was surprised that neither one tried to eat it.... Hannah must be maturing (or it didn't really smell appetizing).








They truly enjoyed themselves and I enjoyed watching them work together and have fun. Clean up was a breeze... I just hosed them off and hosed off the table. Hannah even dried the table for me with the towel.
Next time we will have to try chocolate pudding... I am sure there will be MUCH MORE eating going on!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment