Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Book-a-holics

Everyone in this Lightner family are happy to be called Book-A-holics! We are obsessed with books which is evident by our tons of bookshelves, living room floor, Danny's office, and the bulk of the activities here at our home! Our family LOVES to read. We each have our different loves, but it is a love none the less.

Danny likes to read ministry books, CS Lewis, Ted Dekker, etc. Grace loves to read Berestain Bears, rhyming books, board books from when she was a baby, and classics that she has memorized. Hannah likes to read ANY THING that we will read to her, but she really likes board books that rhyme, animal books, and picture books that she can say the names of the pictures. (She walks up to us with a book in hand and says, "Ree!!" We know what that means.... READ NOW PLEASE!!!) What do I like? I like reading parenting books, devotional books, and non-fiction. Right now I read more to the kids than I read for my own pleasure. I would rather choose to take a nap than to read! :)





There you have it... the nerdy Lightners and their fascination with the written word! I am so glad that the girls have that love right along with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment