Saturday, July 17, 2010

You either love it or hate it!

So which are you? Are you a lover of Facebook or a hater of Facebook? I think most people are in one of the two categories. Most of the time I like Facebook but tonight I love it!

"Why is that?" you ask. I have been "friends" on Facebook with Kyle one of the kids that I grew up with and we have talked a few times. But just this week, he wrote to me and asked if we were going to be around on Saturday because he and his family were going to be driving through Des Moines on their way home to Colorado!

I was so thrilled that Kyle and Leah and their family asked to get together with us. We invited them to dinner at our home and they accepted. We just spent a great evening getting to know their whole family over homemade pizza and chocolate trifle.... Yummy (I had been waiting for an excuse to make that dessert)! I had never met his wife or his children, and we figured out that we actually haven't seen each other in 15 years or so! UNBELIEVABLE!

We had been so close before he and his family moved to Australia as missionaries and we have seen his parents a few times (they even stayed with my parents for a few days last year). It was great to reconnect. It was great to talk about old times and about where our families are these days. It is great to talk about what the Lord is doing and how He has guided us and been our constant!

So... Thank you, Facebook, for reuniting friends!

2 comments:

  1. That happened to me recently too!!! I LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah... that is awesome. What great friends we have... and I have the scars to prove it. Love James

    ReplyDelete