Thursday, July 15, 2010

10 years of learning

10 years of marriage has taught me a few things... what to do and what NOT to do! Overall, it has been a learning experience not only about my Danny, but really about myself! I have learned what a selfish person I can be, how I like things my way, how I resolve conflict -- or avoid it, and how to manage a household. I have also learned the way Danny likes things -- from the way toilet paper comes off of the holder to the amount of crunchiness in his broccoli.

When we took our vows 10 years ago, we could have never dreamed of the things that we would have experienced...or where the Lord would have taken us! We definitely would NOT have thought we would be in Iowa... Jamaica? possibly...but not Iowa! :) We are truly thankful for the blessings and the trials that we have gone through for in those times we have grown to love our God more and each other more. I praise the Lord for a godly husband who leads our family and seeks to honor the Lord with his life. I love that he gets up early to study the Word. And I think it is cool how he LOVES the times that he gets to study ALL day for a sermon or sermon series! On those days he comes home and literally preaches the whole message to me including all of the details that he would NEVER have time to include in the message! I knew that he had potential when I married him.. we were both rough around the edges... but I am thrilled by the man that the Lord has been shaping for me (spiritually and physically -- he works out, you know!!). Many things have changed in the 10 years of marriage -- 3 kids, a house in Iowa, new ministry positions, financial positions, friends, etc -- but I will cling to him for another 10, 20, 30, or 40+ -- and follow him wherever the Lord takes us!



I LOVE YOU, DANNY LEE!

1 comment: