Wednesday, June 9, 2010

This Saturday...NEED HELP

So... I need your help! We are having a GIANT yard sale in our area -- there are 20+ houses in our development (our street and the ones around us) on Saturday!! YAHOO! I can't wait to shop! We were hoping to participate in this by selling things, but we don't have much junk since we just moved and got rid of a TON on craigslist.

I need your help... we would like to sell food. What do you think would make the most sense and the most money? We were thinking of selling cold soda and bottled water (it is supposed to be hot out) and maybe some baked goods -- cupcakes -- or maybe some hot dogs? Please help. What would you buy -- if any thing -- from a stand outside some ones house? Should I make a bunch of loaves of homemade bread -- banana, white, pumpkin etc? What would YOU pay for these things?

SO MANY QUESTIONS!! Please leave your comment here for me... I only have a few days to get things in order if that is what I'm going to do!

3 comments:

  1. I always skip the food! But I hope you figure out what to do :) I would hate for you to make a bunch of stuff and not end up selling it. But on the other hand, things might sell like hotcakes.

    By the way, I love your new header! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, Our neighborhood yard sale was this passed weekend. I know that bottled water is a BIG hit! I would keep the prices under $1.00. Brownies and muffins ususally sell well. Have Grace sell lemonade. Who could resist that face?!?! Good luck. (PS One neighbor sold shaved ice, kids love it)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SNO-CONES!!!! My neighbor has a Rival sno-cone maker and just bought me one at a yard sale for $1. They are awesome and SOOOOO easy to use. You can also buy the syrup for around $2 at WAl-mart. I just saw the same Rival sno-cone maker at Walmart last week and it was under $20. I know that would mean spending money to make money, BUT if it's going to be hot AND if you can stock up on ice.... it would be worth it. Plus you'd have the snow-cone maker for your family AND the next big neighborhood yard sale!!!! Let me know what you decide!!! Good luck!! Happy shopping!

    ReplyDelete