Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My Little helper

I am so thankful to have a little helper like Grace! She LOVES to help -- whether it is helping to wash the mirrors, folding the laundry, getting Hannah's shoes, or picking up toys! She is delighted to stop what she is doing to help her momma. I love that about her..... and I am going to need that more and more as the time comes for Baby Brother to come.

She has been helping me with dinner for a long time by putting things on the table -- the milk, bread, ketchup, etc., but I wanted to make a way for her to easily set the table. Today was the day to tackle that! She and I created paper place mats and added each of the elements of the place setting to it... not making sure it was perfect but things had to be on the correct sides and we just put the napkin on the plate. I want her to get the idea that things have to go in certain places. She LOVED IT! She made a place setting for herself, mommy, daddy and Hannah (even though Hannah doesn't use all of those things yet).


When we were done, she told me, "Mommy, I could do that for real!" ....that's the point!

2 comments:

  1. Love Grace's huge smile in the first picture - pretty proud indeed! Maybe we should make one for Karen.................. : )

    ReplyDelete