Saturday, June 5, 2010

Garage Sales

I really do enjoy going to Garage Sales... it is one of the best times of the year for me. It is a hobby that I enjoy... I love hunting for the sales, I love getting deals (like 10 cent onesies instead of the $3 ones I found last week), I love sorting through bins, and I love bringing back the items to show what I found. There is a thrill every time I even see a sign for a yard sale.... there could be wonderful treasures for me there! Here in Ankeny the sales are NUMEROUS! A few weeks ago our family went on an errand on a Saturday morning only a couple of miles from our house. On the way I counted 26 yard sale signs! That is crazy....we never had that in NH! Every part of yard sale-ing is fun... except when you return empty-handed! :(

But yesterday wasn't one of those days. There were too many sales to go to, so I had to be selective. Danny stayed home with the girls so I could have a little break. It is SO MUCH easier to shop without them! I love hitting neighborhood sales so I can go to many houses in a short amount of time. Yesterday I was able to find a few of those.

Here is what a got:

13 oneies for baby boy
14 books for Grace including 3 Berenstain Bear Books!!
1 boy bib (a man just gave this to me when he saw that I was pregnant)
1 shirt for Grace
A cozy coupe

What was the total? ONLY $8 I thought that was AMAZING!

Grace loved her books and Hannah loved her car.... Check these out!
And yes, I WILL go out again next Friday to find more deals!

4 comments:

  1. you are JUST LIKE ME. this is the post i wrote awhile back about my garage saleing addiction .. . . and it hasn't gotten any better!

    http://cartwheelsoup.blogspot.com/2008/05/garage-sale-junkie.html

    read it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the deals too!!! I can't believe how big your girls are getting. They look soooooo grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the third picture down of Hannah - she is just so beautiful! Looks like her mom!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Garage sales are great here. I actually do not book anything on Friday mornings because I am out hunting for good deals. I love garage sales!

    ReplyDelete