Wednesday, March 6, 2013

JOYful One

Only God knew how perfectly her name would fit her when Danny and I decided to name her Hannah Joy.  We loved how it sounded and loved the meaning behind it.  We kept her name a secret until the day she was born – March 1, 2009 – even though Rachelle (my wonderful SIL) guessed it one day when we were talking about names!  HOW DID SHE DO THAT?!?!  I was FLOORED! Hannah truly is a girl of joy… and various other emotions.  When she is really happy, it is great, but when she isn’t…look out, world; she needs a nap!! 

Hannah loves to read books, play “furniture” – setting up little people and furniture with the house and castle, color, swim, sing and giggle.  She is so much fun to have around.  She always has something silly to say.  She loves to eat and try new flavors, but she isn’t big on dessert… where did I get her?  She loves to copy her big sister and play pretend things.  I never know if she is going to be Hannah or Lady or Tramp or Chris or Bob or Larry or George or a puppy or what!  I constantly call her the “wrong” name and she corrects me!    She is a little spit-fire with piercing blue eyes… oh those eyes!  They remind me of her Grampa…  She is doing so well in school as she is learning to sound out words, write most of her letters and numbers and follow directions!  I am SO proud of her progress!

Here she is on her birthday (in NH) and the day after that… and then today (literally, TODAY, March 6!)

DSCN4543

DSCN4544

DSCN4571

DSCN4581

DSCN4600DSCN4609

DSC_0618

DSC_0620

DSC_0621

DSC_0626

DSC_0627

DSC_0628

 

DSC_0631

DSC_0635

DSC_0637DSC_0633DSC_0638

 

1 comment: