Friday, August 31, 2012

Big Boy Haircut

I have been cutting Danny’s hair since we were first married and have saved us a LOT of money.  I still get a little nervous about it, but he likes the outcome and I like the savings!  We know the technique that works best and he tells me what looks good and what doesn’t.  We are a pretty good team!

I have been wanting to cut Siah’s hair too, but it has had me even more nervous!  I have seen those kids in the salon who cry and cry and then SCREAM AND SCREAM!  I had visions of starting to cut Siah’s hair, getting half way through and not being able to finish without duct taping him to the chair! So… I set up a plan:  We would cut Danny’s hair first with Josiah watching and then ask him to sit on his daddy’s lap while I cut his hair.  It seemed good, but I didn’t know what to expect! I was ready for a battle!

BEFORE:

DSC_0546

SITTING NICELY WITH DADDY… HIS TURN!

DSC_0547

As I turned on the clippers, Josiah started to cry (just a little) while I waited for a full blown scream.  It never happened.  His little whimper turned into a concerned but calm boy!  I was SO relieved!  He sat pretty sit as I used the clippers on the sides and then at the top of his hair.  He allowed me to turn his head and get the clippers at every angle I had needed.

As we were finishing up, I had to use scissors to cut around his ears, but he was pretty pleased with his lollipop so he didn’t fuss at all! 

DSC_0549

Daddy and Josiah with their new haircuts… and hair ALL OVER THEM!

DSC_0550

DSC_0553

And here is the final product… with a little mousse in it… it is ADORABLE!!!  He looks totally grown up, but he is almost two, right?

DSC_0555

DSC_0556

PS… Yes, that IS a scrape on his forehead!  He fell last night and I heard his head slam on the cement.  Surprisingly, he didn’t cry that much…. he cries more when I drop him off at nursery EVERY WEEK than he did with this injury!!  What a kid!

1 comment: