Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Yard Sale Fever

Yup… I have Yard Sale Fever!  I love yard sales… when I see one my heart begins to race and I crane my neck to see what they have.  I even get all excited just seeing a SIGN for a yard sale.  I LOVE that we have these sales THURSDAY, FRIDAY and SATURDAY from early May (or late April) through September!  That is a dream for a true yard-saler like me! 
Friday was a dream come true for some one like me.  I have been looking and looking for boys clothes for Josiah..ones in good condition… sizes 12M- whatever.  That is harder than you think.  Boys are SO HARD on clothes!  I have seen SO MANY STAINS, SO MANY HOLES, and SO MANY THREAD-BARE pants and shirts.  So when I came across another yard sale with boys clothes I was trying to be optimistic that I could get a deal… I just didn’t know it would be this good.  I walked up the driveway with two kids in our double stroller and Grace walking with me (I don’t usually take them with me, but the development next to ours was having a community-wide sale and I just couldn’t wait til Saturday to go!).  I immediately saw a bin with a sign “10 cents each”.  Hmmm…. I NEED to check this one out!  As I pulled out each piece of clothing and checked it out, I was amazed that each item was in the 10 cent bin….really?  10 cents for that?  10 cents for this?  There were jackets, jeans, shirts, t-shirts, sweaters, etc. for all sizes ALL IN GREAT condition.  My pile kept growing and growing with sizes ranging from 12M-4T.  I wasn’t going to pass up on great prices, great condition and even some really great brands!
All I can say about this is JEHOVAN JIREH!!  My God provided once again!  I even told the lady who was hosting the sale that… she looked at me a little strangely!  That is ok with me.    Overall, I got close to 50 items for $6.40 – a few things were .50!  I think I have everything I need for Siah for 12M and 18M and 2T!!  YAHOO!  THANK YOU, LORD!!!
      
      I even got this Ruby shirt from Ireland… I think my brothers and Josiah’s cousins will think it is pretty cool!  Yup…10 CENTS!!
                                

No comments:

Post a Comment