Saturday, January 30, 2010

It's been too long!

I am so sorry that it has been this long since I have posted something.... too much is going on! For those of you who don't know, we are moving -- and not just moving... we are moving to IOWA! Now why would anyone want to move there? I am not sure, but we are following the Lord and the doors He has opened for our family. Danny will be a pastor at First Federated Church (www.firstfederated.org) in Des Moines. This is a terrific opportunity for Danny and our whole family!

God has done some amazing things....

1. We were told that houses are usually on the market for 111 days before they are sold. Our house was only on the market for 4... yes! Four Days! AND we had 2 offers to choose from! We are amazed!

2. We can doubt the decisions we make when we hear from others their disapproval. Some of our friends and teens have not too excited about our move, but when I shared this news at MOPS, one of the Moms came running up to me at the end. She was thrilled that we are going there. She is from the area and was blown away that my husband was going to be a pastor at THAT church. It was a great confirmation to us that this is a HUGE thing for our family.

3. The church we are going to has given us a budget to use to move our family to IA! We are trying to use it in the best way possible... I can't imagine trying to have to pay for all of that!

4. We have had some awesome friends and family volunteer to help however they can. I had to take them up on the offer already to crash at their home during naps when we couldn't be at home. I know that we will be using more of them as the time gets closer.

We are so blessed. The list could go on and on... of the love gift at friends gave, encouraging notes of support, listening ears of friends who have given Godly advice, etc. Since I am a list person, I made a list this week of all of the things that we will have to do before we leave for IA in SIX weeks...there were about 20 things. BUT we have an awesome God who has never abandoned us and continues to strengthen us! PRAISE THE LORD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment