Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Busy hands

When I was young -- maybe around ten or so -- I became fascinated by my mom's ease at making afghans. She crocheted so fast -- the needle and yarn zipping through her fingers. I asked her to help me learn and through MUCH PAIN and EXTREME PATIENCE, I was able to make my first afghan. It was pink. Those of you who really know me are probably chuckling at that. I can't believe I actually picked out that color, but I did. It must have been a moment of much persuasion or I could have been getting sick. :)


Through the years I have made a few other blankets, using "granny squares", but this Christmas I wanted to make at least one blanket to give as a gift... it may become a tradition. Mom always got these blankets started for me, so this time I had to go online and see a video of it being done. (Isn't the internet great!) I decided to do a different pattern in my blanket. Here are pictures of my handiwork.... I still have a long way to go!


I love the color... I think it is turning out great. It is now 6 feet by 2 1/2 feet. I am getting really attached to it. Will I have the strength to give it away?

No comments:

Post a Comment