Monday, March 3, 2014

Too much for a Monday?

There were several things that I needed to get ready for the girls party last week… things that I wanted to do and things that I needed to do.  We started off Monday morning with a whiney Caleb so I put him down for a nap which isn’t too uncommon for a Monday.  With Caleb occupied, I decided to get one of the big items checked off my list: Making the piñata with paper Mache’!  There were more than a few times that I asked myself, “Is this TOO MUCH FOR A MONDAY?”

I mixed up a batch of “glue” with flour and water and then gathered and cut the newspapers into strips.  We used one of the balloons that the girls had from the mall on Sunday and covered it with the strips of paper and glue… it would soon transform into a Bee Hive!

DSC_0551

DSC_0552

DSC_0553

DSC_0554

DSC_0556DSC_0557

The Finished Bee Hive – with yarn on it to make it look a little more real.

DSC_0632

The girls had such a BLAST making this that they weren’t sure about hitting it at their party, but I was able to convince them that this is what it was made for!  So, they gave in a made several great hits at the party… more of that to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment