Thursday, March 6, 2014

Mind Blowing…

That is the only way that I can describe the deal that I got at Target on Tuesday night.  For those of you who know me and read this blog often, you know that I LOVE getting a good deal and using coupons is a way of life for me!  When my husband wants to show his love for me, he uses a high value coupon!  HA!  We keep track of these, and last year saved $2500 in coupons… not in sales, just those silly paper coupons that I cut out of the paper and print from the internet!  That is A LOT OF SAVINGS!

Well, Tuesday was one of those times that I was practically giddy leaving the store as I was adding up the savings and eager to add the savings to my coupon total!  I will try to give you the details in a simple way so you can follow… but put on your thinking caps!

Right now, there is a great deal at Target.  If you buy three of their selected Pantene Shampoos or Conditioners, you will get a $5 Gift Card to use on your next purchase!  In the same ad from the newspaper, it shows that those same Pantene products are $4.99!  So… if you buy three of them for $4.99 each for a total of almost $15, then you will get a $5 GC… so in reality the three Pantenes would be $10!  That is GREAT!!  BUT… the newspaper this week had a coupon for $5 off if you bought three Pantene products.  Use that coupon and you would get the three Pantenes for $5!  AMAZING…

That is a great deal… but you know me, I can always sweeten things a little more!

When I was at Target on Tuesday, I found MANY bottles of Pantene on CLEARANCE for $4.54… and they were the HUGE ones that are 29.2 fl ounces with a pump!! !  BUT THEN I found an associate there and ask him to scan those to see if they were in on the deal for the week… he said that they were AND they were actually just clearanced again… they were ringing up at $3.22!!!!

SO… are you following me?

I was able to get the Pantene products that I wanted for $3.22 x 3 = $9.66 – $5 coupon – $5 GC…. I actually got them for FREE!!  I was able to purchase 9 of them and paid $4.94 cash (when you factor in the tax) and then have $5.12 in gift cards to spend!  (Are you following me that I actually was paid $.18 for the 9 bottles?)  It was exciting!! 

For my critics that are wondering how I am ever going to use that much… remember that I have myself and two long-haired girls that I must care for as well!  We WILL go through that easily – in less time than you think!

Here is what I got:

DSCN8574

A close-up to show that these were 29.2 FL OZ!!!!

DSCN8575

Oh, how I love getting deals…

2 comments:

  1. I checked out the size you bought at Publix today so I KNEW exactly what you got - they were marked $6.49!!!! Good for you! Nice job Sarah Liz! love ya, mom

    ReplyDelete