Friday, November 1, 2013

Scientific Friday

When homeschooling, there are times when the curriculum just doesn't fit with your routine or life.  So.. you make changes and get things done as they fit and as your kids have interest in them!  It gives you great freedom to do things that are right for your family when they are right.

This is true for us and science. It seems that I really need to stay on top of what I would like to accomplish for history as it builds on itself.  We do a little each day of the week and are in awe at the results... these girls are REALLY loving history and the projects and books that go along with it. BUT SCIENCE... I have a hard time fitting it into our normal routine -- it is hard to do special activities while Caleb is awake. I have decided to plan our science lessons for Friday... it will be fun to include Danny (who has Fridays off) in our experiments!

We began today with making play dough and talking about the reaction that happens when you heat the "ingredients" together.  It was fun to look at Grace's face when I asked her to separate the dough back into its parts -- flour, salt, oil, water, and cream of tartar.  "IMPOSSIBLE!"  She cried.  We made bread dough on another day and I posted pictures of yeast experiments earlier.

Well... here is all the fun we had... especially with playing with the end product!









This next picture is my favorite one of Caleb....he  doesn't usually give me a great smile while looking at the camera! Oh, I am in love with this boy!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment