Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Because some days you just need a fort...

It has been cold and rainy here in DSM lately.... no playing outside, no running in the grass, no climbing up the slides, no swinging, no tackling in the grass, no games of chase...

So we have had to improvise or this momma would be totally crazy with four kids running around inside all day.  Last week was just one of "those days"... a "because some days you just need a fort" kind of day. While the kids were running laps in the kitchen and living room, I knew I HAD TO DO SOMETHING....QUICK! I got out some blankets and headed to the girls room. I blanketed the bottom bunk and made a lean to next to it.  I added the kids bean bag chairs and then called to the kids.  They were super excited... all four of them... and spent the rest of the time until naps playing in it.

The girls also enjoyed sleeping in it overnight while Danny was gone...oh, the little things that they find so special!



PS Making forts reminds me of my brother, James!  He was the best fort-maker as we were growing up... I KNOW that he is still has those skills as he builds now for his own kiddos!  Love you, Buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment