Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Operation Christmas Child

Every year since I the years when I was teaching, we have been involved in Operation Christmas Child.  It is one of those ministries that really touches my heart… KIDS!!  I can’t imagine living in the places that some of these kids do, in the conditions that they do, with the few items that they have, with hardly any food, with a small cup of water for a full day,  It brings tears to my eyes.  I am a spoiled mommy with so many things to offer my kids, don’t want to think about what if I had to choose who would eat what in a certain day… who gets a full piece of bread and who gets to share… who gets clean water and who doesn’t.

Through OCC we are trying to teach our children about the luxuries that we have and the needs that others have.  The need is great and we are SO BLESSED here in the states.  We even have a choice of what to have to dinner, which toys to play with, which clothes to wear, and what drink to have.  WE ARE SPOILED!  We have SO MUCH TO GIVE!!!

Here is the family putting the box together… it was fun shopping for it at the Dollar Tree and then packing it with love and prayer.  Our church’s collection day was Sunday, and we had over 630 boxes just on Sunday, but there were many that still needed to be collected.  Our goal was 700!

DSC_0876

                        DSC_0877DSC_0878

DSC_0879

Josiah wasn’t a big help, but he is cute!  Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment