Thursday, June 23, 2011

UNBELIEVABLE

During my six year of teaching, I taught many kids to read!  It was amazing to see them start to learn the letters names and sounds, put it together to sound out words, and then put all of the words together to make sentences!  It was an amazing scene that never got old!

BUT TODAY... I heard Grace read two books for the first time as I fought back tears!  She had been doing so well reading words on her paperwork but I didn't know how she would do with a book with lots of sentences... it was UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!   She didn't get frustrated... she just sounded out the words like a champ!

Danny took a video later in the evening to prove it... SHE IS READING.. SHE IS REALLY READING!  and she is thrilled with herself!! 

1 comment:

  1. i love when we see our kids learn new things!
    congratulations to a wonderful mommy! :)

    ReplyDelete