Monday, June 13, 2011

She IS an Artist

Grace loves to write.. she can write all of the letters in the alphabet in order and she can write her numbers to bazillion (or at least to 20)!  She loves writing words.  She is just in love with print of all types.  But Grace is NOT fond of drawing. She will color and does a beautiful job staying in the lines, but she just doesn’t like to take her pencil or crayons or markers to draw things. 

So when we were on our way up to Dayton, she was getting a little bored and I suggested that she draw our family on her Magna Doodle.  I had no idea what we would get, but I knew if I told her to draw like Sister Bear (when she draws a picture of the whole family but forgets Honey Bear on purpose) Grace would do it.  I was anxious to see this masterpiece.  When she asked me to turn around and see it, I was thrilled to see this awesome artwork.  It brought tears to my eyes.  I had to save it by taking a picture of the Magna Doodle before she erased it!

                         DSC_0674

Since then, she has drawn a lot more, including some things for Nanna and Grampa which I will get in the mail tomorrow.  She IS an Artist! 

No comments:

Post a Comment