Friday, February 4, 2011

Where have we been?

I am so sorry, Blogger World, for being absent for so long, but I do have a written excuse note for you!  It is in the form a deed to our house!  Yes!  We are finally in our home, many projects are done,  but there are boxes and boxes to unpack and things to organize... so I have taken a short break to get my new home in order.

In the middle of all of this, though, I have also been sick.  I have a double ear infection and one of the ear drums ruptured.... NO FUN!! I can now understand a little better why babies scream so much when they have an ear infection.  I WAS MISERABLE!!  It was so hard to do ANY THING while I was sick.  I am not 100% yet, but I am not my way to recovery.  I still can't hear any thing... which means that I am sleeping really well without the interruptions of the children!  :)

Speaking of the children... they are just too funny and creative.  Why in the world have we ever bought them toys?  We don't need to spend much on them for them to be delighted.  Their newest love are all of the boxes that we have around.  They have made them into "rat caves", reading places, bed for themselves and their babies, as well as a slide for the stairs!  They have had a blast.... hours and hours of fun!  I LOVE IT!  I am so thrilled to have creative kids and not bumps on a log!  As my mom used to say, "If you say you are bored, that just means you are BORING!"  I think she is right! :)

Here is just some of Lightner girls' fun:

3 comments:

  1. Looks like what we used to do at the other house. Duct tape works good to keep the box in place. At least you don't have a door at the bottom for them to crash into!!!!! So glad you are on the mend. Blog with more house pictures soon please!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have come a long way from gates at top and bottom of stairs!! Way to go girls!!! Gee - You never film those tea parties and other girlie times!?!?!? So much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete